The North West Fund
The North West Fund is a £155m investment fund established to provide debt and equity funding from £25,000 – £2m to small and medium sized enterprises based in, or relocating to, the North West of England.
The Fund is divided into seven specific sub-funds, each managed by a team of experienced fund managers who invest in businesses ranging from start-ups to established businesses looking to grow. The Funds include;
- The North West Fund for Venture Capital, managed by Enterprise Ventures, for new start-ups and early-stage businesses looking to grow;
- The North West Fund for Loans Plus, managed by FW Capital, which provides loan finance options for businesses;
- The North West Fund for Micro Loans, managed by Business Finance Solutions and MSIF, offers businesses in the region the option of smaller amounts of loan finance;
- The North West Fund for Mezzanine, managed by Enterprise Ventures, for established businesses looking to expand; and
- Three sector funds covering;
- Biomedical, managed by SPARK Impact
- Energy & Environmental, managed by 350 Investment Partner
- Digital & Creative, managed by AXM Venture Capital
Provided by the European Regional Development Fund and the European Investment Bank, The North West Fund is suitable for most business sectors, the main exceptions being retail businesses and primary production industries such as agriculture.